Thursday, July 9, 2009

The First Step

Well, here goes! My name is Chenoa Barnes. I am 27, about to get hitched (finally!) and have two gorgeous children, Jordan, 2 and a half; and Amali, 6 months. I live on the Sunshine Coast and am in my second year of studying the Bachelor of Learning Management - Primary. In other words, I am going to be a primary school teacher. My personal quote in life is:
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you know you will always hit the stars
Previous to beginning this course I was a horse riding teacher in Brisbane, but when I moved back to the coast to where I was fortunate enough to have grown up, I decided to look for a different career path. They say never work with animals or children - well I did both and loved it. There wasn't much work up here for riding teachers and my best friend told me that I would make an awesome teacher (she is also a teacher) - so that was it. I had found it. As simple as that. And I love it!

This year so far has been that hardest. I had Amali 6 weeks before returning to uni, and then it was 5 subjects, plus 10 school placement days, 10 assignments, 10 weeks, then a 3 week placement in school. Needless to say I was a tad tired at the end of last term!

I must admit I was a little annoyed to see another FAHE subject - our last one was hailed a complete failure by students and some lecturers! But - soldiering on, so far, so good. Don't ask me what a wiki, RSS or even a pod cast are (I don't own an ipod yet), but, hopefully, I will know what they are at the end of this course.
Cheers!


No comments: